It was a gloriously perfect June day in North Georgia after a solid week of summer rain – and no better day could be had to celebrate the marriage of Jou and Pierce Spitler!
This handsome couple met just after college and despite their rival teams – she a UGA Bulldog and he a GA Tech Yellow Jacket – these two fell in love, got engaged and decided to get married at The Chimneys at Big Canoe.
While planning a wedding has its challenging moments, Jou and Pierce found working with Karen Gramlich at The Chimneys a delight, even though the couple lives in Austin, TX, and had to plan the wedding long-distance!
“Everything was really beautiful and turned out even better than we’d expected.”
As with every wedding, special details make all the difference. Jou and Pierce had fun kooize favors custom-made for the event — one that featured their new home of Texas and one that played off the long-standing GA – GA Tech rivalry, which was hand-drawn by the bride herself!
The native GA couple was truly happy with everything at their beautiful wedding! Jou and Pierce especially appreciated Karen working to help arrange the centerpieces on the tables and added a few lovely details like flowers on the cake!
“Working with Karen, The Chimneys and Talk of the Town was great! Our wedding weekend was stress-free and a large part of that was having Karen as our month-of coordinator.”
The couple’s menu, which was selected from our array of wedding catering options, featured a taste of the South with mouth-watering items.
“Everyone loved the food, I think the fried chicken was a big hit.”
- Grilled Beef Satay with Chimichurri Sauce
- TOTT’s Shrimp & Grits with Corn Ragout served on Grit Cake with Chive Garnish
- Classic Garden Vegetable Salad with Homemade Croutons and Italian Dressing
- Couscous Salad with Dried Fruit and Almonds, finished with Olive Oil Champagne Dressing
- Southern Fried Eight Cut Bone-In Chicken with Pepper Gravy
- Sliced Beef Sirloin served Au Poivre with Cognac and Touch of Cream
- Vegan Couscous and Stuffed Portobello with Grilled Zucchini and Oven Dried Tomatoes and Red Pepper Puree
- Green Beans with Walnuts, Roasted Peppers and Lemon Dill Butter
- Rosemary New Potatoes with Caramelized Onions
It was a truly beautiful day for a truly beautiful pair. Wishing our very best to this beautiful newlywed couple from the entire team at The Chimneys at Big Canoe and Talk of the Town Catering & Special Events!
Photos by Happy Everything Co.