We are fortunate to have the most talented and creative chef in town in Chef Andrew! He and the Talk of the Town Staff are not only dreaming up your ultimate wedding, corporate or private event catering menus every day, but they can find a way to make anything gourmet – even leftovers!
A reheated plate of turkey and stuffing is delicious, but there is no denying that the two recipes below will have you hoping you have lots of leftovers this Friday. If you have a favorite leftover recipe, please post it to our Facebook page!
The “I Cannot Wait to Make this on Friday” Turkey Panini:
- Take a small amount of your leftovers, (including, turkey, ham, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and anything else yummy) and sandwich between 2 pieces of bread with a little brie cheese or cheddar.
- You can butter the outside of the bread if you choose to brown the sandwich in a pan or leave dry if you prefer to put in a panini press.
- If you brown the sandwich in a pan, be sure you occasionally gently press on the sandwich with a large spatula to ensure it the cheese melts and the sandwich holds together.
- Use the leftover gravy as a dipping sauce for the sandwich.
Turkey Sheppard’s Pie
- Use the leftover stuffing to line the bottom of the baking dish, about ½ inch thick.
- Course chop your leftovers (including turkey, candied sweet potatoes, green beans, lima beans and anything else you have)
- Mix the chopped leftovers with enough turkey gravy to moisten.
- Fill the stuffing-lined baking dish with the chopped leftover mixture and spread your leftover mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes on top, making sure to cover all the ingredients.
- Lightly brush the top with a beaten egg or two.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned.
We hope you have the most wonderful Thanksgiving!